Aren’t we funny how we assume if we’re not getting the natural fat loss results we want, we must not be doing enough fitness, so we’ll just do more?
And when the fat loss results still don’t come, we get frustrated and move from “I’ll do more” to “why I am bothering” & stop altogether, stumping our ability to progress. Where does our general “more is better” mindset come from?
If what you’re doing isn’t working, why would doing more of something that’s not working generate a better result? That’s a thought process Albert Einstein defined as “insanity”.
In fact, doing more in the area of fitness, depending on what you’re doing, can and does often lead to more imbalance and less fat loss. If you’re over-training, eventually it will also lead to adrenal fatigue and other forms of metabolic damage that will be costly and time-consuming to correct. We know firsthand!
We often hear, “well I don’t workout like you do I’m sure 4 hours a day….” It’s amazing how everyone assumes we must workout endless hours per day and have no work or life responsibility, when in actuality we work 70-80 hours per week most week, plus tend to our nutrition and fitness.
This is a very limiting assumption that those who are lean must just be doing “more” fitness for better natural fat loss.
Actually what we’re doing is just being more efficient with the time we have in our nutrient, energy and environmental strategies for more effective fat loss results.
We are “talking to our bodies” all the time in a constant “energy production conversation” that is producing better results in the same or less time.
Even when I was training as a national level natural athlete to reach a level of physical conditioning and low body fat % that most women will frankly never want to look like or achieve, my workout times never exceeded about an hour and a half per day, and that was to achieve a low-fat loss level that was considered “too lean” as a natural US national level athlete in a not always natural league.
Even being “too lean” over my competition, I had no imbalances in my period or health & I never needed to do dangerous things like eliminate water, eat asparagus for a week or longer, or use diuretics that sadly many athletes believe they need to do to lose fat at that level of competition. My body stayed in complete balance for me internally because I honored it by never threatening it with outdated fat loss nutrition & fitness methods.
The idea that those who live the natural fat loss lifestyle are inside a gym for hours is a myth.
So that’s the good news, you don’t have to do more, and you can take your focus off figuring out how to “fit in more time”.
Better results don’t come from “more” fitness, they come from focusing your effort on areas where there is “more” energy efficiency available to you. This is why one of our E3 Energy Evolved core values is “EFFICIENCY” – evolve your thinking about your body and how you help it to use and produce energy better.
Focus your time & energy where you get make the biggest return in the least amount of time. Often people are focusing too much time & energy on the things that get their body little to no change… cardiovascular exercise, Zuumba class, running, and over-doing those activities…. and not enough on strength training in the most energy producing way accessing time, recovery, form, exercise strategies, as well as nutrition, stress management, sleep, recovery and opportunities in their environment to improve their metabolism naturally to live the fat loss lifestyle.
7 simple tips to start improving your energy for natural fat loss:
- Drink water regularly throughout the day – shoot for 1 gallon
- Try and consume some lean, healthy organic protein at every meal
- Look at your stress levels & your recovery, do they need adjustment?
- How are you overusing your mind in your life? …if you think your brain doesn’t deplete body energy, think again
- Make a goal of up’ing your vegetable intake by increasing your servings by 1-2 more than you’re already doing now – commit to make it happen consistently for 4 weeks then reassess your game plan – notice measurable shift in your energy
- Think about how many ways you overwhelm your body right now with toxic chemicals in your home – plan a clutter clear out & switch to some natural products
- Breathe… YES, you heard right – check your breathing, are you breathing or holding your breath? Oxygen delivery is critical to good energy
Start there & share your comments & results below. We’d love to hear how you’re doing.
Author: Heather Dubé, HHC, AADP, ACSM CWC, NASM CPT, NC Cand. & BA Psychology, is a Functional Nutrition Practitioner, US National-Level Natural NPC Figure Bodybuilding Competitor & Contributing Expert Magazine Writer with 24 years experience, and Co-Founder of the e3 Energy Evolved™ System.
Copyright © 2012 – 2016 e3 Energy Evolved, LLC, All Rights Reserved.
Latest posts by Heather Dubé (see all)
- I’m overwhelmed and crying in front of Crystal Magic in Sedona - June 13, 2019
- How Hashimoto’s forever changed my Mother’s Day - May 16, 2019
- The secret to your energy freedom… [hint: the energy you create] - October 19, 2018