A primary concept of natural healing and the human body that many aren’t aware of just yet is regeneration; the human body is constantly regenerating itself at a cellular level. When we focus on learning various ways we can support our bodies to better regenerate themselves naturally, we can and often do experience positive shifts in our health.
Whether it is through movement, holistic nutrition, environment, or wellness lifestyle, there is much we can do to improve our quality of health and life naturally. To this end, in my own journey to work at naturally healing my rare neurological condition of 22 years, I’ve been learning more over the last year about the natural healing and health benefits available through the powerhouse nutrient glutathione.
There are currently over 76,000 research articles that speak to glutathione as a major player in holistic human body health, disease prevention, and optimal human body function and performance.
Today, our bodies are under significantly more stress related to societal changes as our environment continues to shift. These changes make detoxification strategies much more necessary to maintain good levels of auto immune system function and immune health.
Glutathione is comprised of 3 amino acids – cysteine, glycine and glutamine – and it is a powerful antioxidant and detoxifier.
Your body produces it naturally, but unfortunately the stressors of today’s world significantly deplete our bodies’ natural glutathione levels and immune strength by overwhelming the body with oxidative stress and toxins. Heavy metal toxins also build up in the human body organism over many years cumulatively, that further deplete natural glutathione stores.
Over time, this can weaken liver function, which correlates to glutathione deficiency. Therefore, to be effective (if our health is in a state of imbalance), we can consider ways to naturally restore our glutathione levels as part of our means to restore overall healthful balance and normal body function.
Glutathione is excellent for detoxification of the body naturally, as it is able to enter the blood, brain and other areas where it then attaches to and removes toxins embedded in actual cells. The power for it to do this is in the sulfur component, to which toxic compounds seem to adhere to well for easy removal. Glutathione also recycles antioxidants and aids the body to address free radicals.
When your body becomes overwhelmed with oxidative stress and toxins, numerous health imbalances may result: adrenal fatigue, chronic skin conditions, neurological dysfunction, auto immune illness, metabolic dysfunction, weight gain, poor clarity, lowered exercise recovery, etc.
Maintaining optimal glutathione levels can assist with naturally reversing. Here are three methods to boost your glutathione levels naturally:
- Consume foods that contain sulfur: garlic; onions; egg yolks; coconuts; and cruciferous vegetables such as kale, broccoli, and watercress. These are just a few examples of sulfur-containing foods that will assist in boosting your natural glutathione levels.
- Get regular exercise: 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise per day and 3-4 strength training sessions per week will help to elevate your glutathione levels naturally. However, consider that “over training” can also naturally deplete glutathione levels.
- Supplementing with a practitioner-grade therapeutic level glutathione: this level of bioavailability in a nutraceutical is available to you through ND’s, DC’s, DO’s and some functional nutritionists. Product quality and delivery method are both critical to absorption and efficacy, so be sure to do your due diligence on the practitioner as well as the product prior to purchase.
Are you keeping tabs on your own glutathione levels?
Author: Heather Dubé, HHC, AADP, ACSM CWC, NASM CPT, NC Cand. & BA Psychology, is a Functional Nutrition Practitioner, US National-Level Natural NPC Figure Bodybuilding Competitor & Contributing Expert Magazine Writer with 24 years experience, and Co-Founder of the e3 Energy Evolved™ System.
Copyright © 2012 – 2016 e3 Energy Evolved, LLC, All Rights Reserved.
Latest posts by Heather Dubé (see all)
- Welcoming a New Era For Our e3 Energy Evolved Family - November 8, 2019
- [Podcast] – The Powerful Combination of Physical and Energetic Thyroid Healing - June 26, 2019
- Magic in Sedona: Trust your soul’s journey - June 13, 2019